Submit your resume
Venture Steel, a leading national steel service center, is seeking a talented addition to our staff. We offer a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, and vision benefits, paid holidays, paid vacation, 401(k) matching, bonus programs, and much more. This position is a day shift opportunity.
- Operates a tractor trailer or other specialized vehicle according to applicable state and federal transportation laws.
- Transports steel products safely and in a timely manner over required route, obeying all traffic laws and observing all safety regulations.
- Maneuvering truck and trailer into loading and unloading areas; follows loading crew signals.
- Prepares, receives, and provides appropriate documentation for the delivery or pick-up of goods to ensure timely service, as well as load, secure, and unload cargo.
- Facilitates routine service on trucks, which may include checking oil, water, gasoline, and air; reports maintenance malfunctions to Shipping Supervisor.
- Maintain logs of travel and cargo to federal and state regulations.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Two years of prior steel industry hauling and product knowledge required.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills with the ability to speak professionally and courteously with customers and staff at delivery points.
- Ability to remain focused in busy environment.
- Familiarity with on-board computer systems a plus.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age as of date of hire.
- Must process a valid CDL-A driver’s license with an excellent driving record.
- A minimum of two years’ experience driving a flatbed tractor trailer or other specialized vehicle.
- Must pass background and drug testing as required by federal and/or state department(s) of transportation regulations.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $28.00 – $30.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Detroit, MI 48210: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Driving: 2 years (Preferred)
- CDL A (Preferred)
Work Location: One location