Submit your resume
Quantum Lifecycle Partners LP is the leading and largest vertically integrated IT Asset Disposition & Recycling processor in Canada. We are committed to enabling safe and secure reuse of electronics, responsible recycling of electronics to divert waste from landfill, and recovery of natural resources from obsolete electronics.
We are looking for a dynamic Millwright to join our team! The role is responsible for installing or dismantling machinery and equipment according to company plans, blueprints, and other diagrams, repairing malfunctioning equipment, such as motors, pumps, valves, controls, and other machines through the safe and effective use of hoists, lift trucks, hand tools, and power tools. The Industrial Millwright will also troubleshoot and diagnose mechanical, hydraulic, or pneumatic problems with associated equipment.
- Maintain the operating condition of industrial production and processing machinery and equipment
- Read and interpret blueprints, schematic diagrams and drawings to determine work procedures
- Repair and replace defective or malfunctioning components of machinery and equipment
- Operate newly repaired machinery and equipment to verify the adequacy of the repairs
- Disassemble and reassemble machinery and equipment to remove parts, perform inspections and repairs
- Use machine tools (grinders, drill press, saws) to fabricate parts required during overhaul, maintenance or set up of machinery
- Operate lift machines as required in the performance of job duties
- Assemble machinery and equipment prior to installation using hand and power tools and welding equipment
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on machinery
- Trouble-shoot, observe and perform diagnosis of mechanical equipment failures and corrective actions using voltmeters and other testing devices
- Keep detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Work closely with the Maintenance Manager in developing and maintaining all maintenance policies and procedures
- Analyze test results, machine error messages, and information obtained from operators in order to diagnose equipment problems
- Report non-conformance or other irregularities to Lead hand or Maintenance manager
- Obtain pricing for parts, supplies and ensure adequate supply of required items by maintaining adequate spare part inventory levels
- Maintain confidentiality of all Customer, Supplier and Company information
- Participate in training as required and apply knowledge gained through training on the job
- Ensure to work with / use security measures, procedures and devices as required
- College education / College of Trades (Trades specific) and/or apprenticeship
- 3+ years’ experience as a licensed Millwright, Experience with Mig, Tig and Arc welding equipment
- 5+ years’ experience as a licensed Millwright (preferred)
- Valid Interprovincial Red Seal Industrial Electrician License
- Demonstrated applied math, mechanical and basic electrical aptitude
- Sound understanding of conveyors, pumps, granulators, pneumatics, and working knowledge of industrial tools Demonstrated ability to read electrical schematics and drawings
- Familiarity with standard maintenance procedures, preventative maintenance schedules, basic documentation, and proper safety techniques
- Company paid Extended Health & Dental Benefits
- Disability & Life Insurance
- Company RRSP matched up to 3.5%
- Employee Family Assistance Program
- Education Reimbursement Program
- Safety Shoes & glasses reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program (up to 20% off on Qnovum.ca)
- Opportunity to play a part in protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability.
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We thank you for your interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantum is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Quantum offers a unique insight into the E-waste industry, with its fast-paced and ever-changing environment!
To learn more about us, visit: www.quantumlifecycle.com