Submit your resume
Quantum Lifecycle Partners LP is the leading and largest vertically integrated IT Asset Disposition & Recycling processor in Canada. We are committed to enabling safe and secure reuse of electronics, responsible recycling of electronics to divert waste from landfills, and recovery of natural resources from obsolete electronics.
The Training and Employee Engagement Lead will collaborate with the Human Resources and Leadership teams to drive, coordinate, and support the organizations employee experience and engagement initiatives. The initiatives will be driven by employee engagement through development/sourcing, implementation, coordination and facilitation of learning and development programs. As well as performance & talent management, including succession planning. The Training and Employee Engagement Lead will provide monthly metrics, analyzing trends, gaps, talent management and employee engagement best practices.
Learning and Development
- Organizing site-specific training needs assessment and identifying training requirements as well as job-related competencies/skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
- Designing and developing initial and recurrent learning programs/plans and schedules.
- Collaborating with leadership and internal subject matter experts to identify learning priorities and determine curriculum design, course content and delivery methodology (classroom, CBT, OJT).
- Inquiring and arranging for external training suppliers as required, including identification of detailed learning requirements/expectations, cost comparisons and delivery timelines.
- Developing and preparing learning/educational aids/materials such as manuals, guidance information, handbooks, etc.
- Handling logistics for learning activities, including venues, materials, and equipment.
- Developing and maintaining a Learning Calendar and maintaining an updated Learning curriculum database and coordinate the scheduling of all training sessions.
- Facilitating, conducting and/or coordinating the delivery of initial and recurrent employee learning through established delivery methods, including classroom training, e-learning and on-the-job training, and coaching.
- Facilitating train-the-trainer sessions for the leadership team and support, coach and guide them.
- Establishing learning and development performance metrics and designing and applying assessment tools to evaluate training deliverables against objectives/KPI’s, to measure training effectiveness and to ensure continuous improvement.
- Maintaining the learning database which tracks, reports, and records all training sessions and individual employee training schedules, records and reports.
- Dedicated to facilitating the development of virtual instructor-led and self-directed eLearning in multiple formats including videos. The incumbent of this role will be responsible for working with Subject Matter Experts and creating and/or converting classroom training to virtual training in the most efficient and effective method to ensure a great learning experience.
- Develop and lead initiatives that will enhance the overall employee experience
- Identify and champion opportunities for employee engagement
- Manages the employee engagement survey process, assesses trends, gaps and outcomes and partners with operations to create action plan
- Supports health and wellness initiatives
- Develop and support delivery the new hire orientation and onboarding process
- Ensuring New Hire Orientation is current and updated, including the presentation deck
Performance and Talent Management
- Support of all talent management initiatives including but not limited to: recruitment & onboarding, retention, culture & employee engagement, performance management
- Measures and tracks outcomes of all talent management initiatives
- Supports the key stakeholders to explore and implement future enhancements to talent management initiatives and programs
- Acts as internal expert of the talent management system
- Supports recruiting efforts by using traditional posting sites, educational institutions, co-op, student or subsidized programs, local media, social media, industry specialty sites to obtain candidates for postings
- Supports leadership in coaching, mentoring, and developing employees through the talent development and succession planning processes
Education and Experience
- Post-Secondary Certificate, Diploma or Degree in Human Resources or Training/Educational field or equivalent combination of training, education and work-related experience
- Minimum of 2 years of human resources generalist experience
- Minimum of 2 years in team facilitation, instruction, or training
- Experience creating and executing project plans
- Ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, gap analysis, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate)
- Ability to partner with internal/external stakeholders and liaise with experts regarding training planning
- Experience maintaining an updated curriculum database and training records
- Train the trainer
Knowledge and Skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to interact efficiently and courteously
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Sound problem solving ability
- Works well under pressure and in stressful situations
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Responsible for the enhancement and strategy for HR intranet site, including content management and design, prioritizing user experience to meet diverse staff needs and developing new platforms to engage remote staff.
- Supports to key staff events such as Town Halls, Recognition Awards, Employee Survey.
- Experience using Microsoft Office products.
- Experience with ADP Workforce Now
- Knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles
- Knowledge of instructional design theory and implementation
- Experience designing and developing training programs and materials (outsourced and/or in-house)
- Ability to evaluate and select appropriate training methods or activities
- Ability to assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills and KPIs
- Out of the box thinker
- Company-paid extended Extended Health and Dental benefits
- Disability and Life insurance
- Company RRSP matched up to 3.5%
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Education Reimbursement program
- Safety shoes and glasses reimbursement
- Employee purchase program (up to 20%off on Qnovum.ca)
- Opportunity to play part in protecting the environment and contributing to sustainability
Quantum is an equal opportunity employer. We promote excellence through diversity and encourage all qualified persons to apply. We thank you for your interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Quantum is also committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs. Accommodation may be provided in all parts of the hiring process.
Quantum offers a unique insight into the E-waste industry, with its fast-paced and ever-changing environment!
To learn more about us, visit: www.quantumlifecycle.com