Submit your resume
Matalco, Lordstown is seeking a strategic and experienced Continuous Improvement Engineer that will lead, support and coordinate hands-on process improvement actions focused on the growth and development of the Matalco production system.
- Identify and lead improvement workshops (Kaizen) and projects utilizing continuous improvement methodologies including Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma
- Drive and promote data driven process standardization, optimization, and innovation aligned with the continuous improvement strategic plan; foster a safety-focused culture of trust and teamwork between and within facilities and departments impacted by improvement projects.
- Analyze key performance metrics/KPI’s for trends, identify process improvement opportunities and develop visual communications systems, reports, and dashboards to capture and communicate the impact of the continuous improvement accomplishments.
- Deliver continuous improvement training, coaching, and mentoring to facilitate knowledge sharing, growth, and development across all Matalco facilities
- Lead improvement projects focused on key plant metrics such as safety, quality, cycle time, delivery, and equipment downtime to generate growth opportunities and positively impact company financials.
- Collaborate and align with members of the local and corporate leadership teams to promote a culture of continuous improvement and positive change; Challenge and change paradigms that inhibit the development and growth of the continuous improvement efforts.
- BS in technical discipline or equivalent combination of experience and education
- Five (5) years of continuous improvement experience
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Demonstrated understanding and successful application of continuous improvement tools and techniques including Lean and Six Sigma; proficient in data collection, analysis, and decision-making utilizing data software packages such as Excel and Minitab; proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- BS in Industrial, Mechanical, or other Engineering Discipline
- Ten (10) years of continuous improvement experience
- Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Ability to travel 40-50% of time between facilities. Occasional international travel and passport required
- Frequent exposure to loud noises and extreme ambient temperatures depending on the season
- Large quantities of data analysis. High frequency of computer-based work
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $73,000.00 – $97,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- Continuous improvement: 5 years (Preferred)
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt (Required)
Work Location: One location